Sunday, April 7, 2024

Summer Research Project: Substance Designer for Dummies!

For the 8-week research project in the summer semester, I'll be working on learning substance designer for the sole purpose of teaching it to others like myself who don't want to sit through hours of youtube videos. I'll porbably be presenting the results of my research in a sort of infographic, or something similar in it. Since I have very little time, this will probably only be a very basic introduction to Substance Designer. Something of a survival kit, or a 'Substance Designer for Dummies'.

For this, I've decided to focus my research on a few resources myself.

The first would be, of course, the Adobe tutorials themselves, Substance Academy Series: Getting Started with Substance Designer. 

Substance Academy Series: Getting Started with Substance Designer

I need this to get an overview of the software, and understand exactly what I have to work with. 

I also have some additional resources which, I believe, will be much more useful after I've gone through the above tutorial series.

How to Master Substance Designer?

A Free Substance 3D Designer Survival Kit for Beginners

Creating Marble in Substance Designer

Tutorial | Fundamentals Part 1: Pattern Creation and Natural Scattering

Substance Designer Tutorials

Learning Materials Drive Link

I'm not aiming for creating any specific material or even style. I wish to learn the software from the ground up, and then tutor others in the same way. From the fundamentals, one can make any material one wants. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Module 4 - Environment Part 04 [Lighting]

PERFORCE SUBMISSION