Tuesday, May 14, 2024

The Maintenance Access Tunnel: Documentation

For the third semester, I have three potential portfolio pieces lined up, for the months of May, June and July. Each one, ideally, should be split into four weeks each, but I'll only have three for the last one, unfortunately. So I'm going to have to descope for the July portfolio.

But, for the May piece, I will be working on creating a 3D environment of a concept art by Brian Taylor, titled 'Sci-Fi Corridor'. Since I already have a portfolio piece of the same name, a friend suggested 'The Empty Line' as a placeholder until I can get a better title for it. 

 The primary reference for the piece is provided below:


PRIMARY REFERENCE

I like the clean, simple shapes provided by the painter, as, conversely, it highlights the complexity of the environment. I also am attracted to the emission of the lights, which is something I'd like to work on in UE5. Lighting will also be a huge plus in this piece, if I can pull it off.

I'm gonna use some of the concept artist's WIP shots as references for my own renders, especially during my own WIP shots, in order to see things more clearly. 



PUREREF

ASSET BREAKDOWN

The Maintenance Access Tunnel:

  1. Sphere Hero Asset
  2. Unique Floor Panels
  3. Generic Floor Panel
  4. Unique Wall Panel
  5. Generic Wall Panel
  6. Sphere Floor Support
  7. Cables
  8. Ceiling Panels
  9. Misc Extrusions and Greebles


Materials:
  1. Metal Panels
  2. Orange Emission
  3. Blue Emission
  4. Markings - White and Brown
  5. Lens Flare

Schedule:

  1. Week 01 (May 14 - May 20): Rendering Complete Blockout, Rough Lighting
    1. Complete Proxy Blockout and Assembly in Unreal
    2. Rough Lighting in Unreal
    3. Collection for Documentation
  2. Week 02 (May 21 - May 27): High-Poly Modeling
    1. Complete Details on All Assets
    2. Second Pass Lighting in Unreal
    3. Collection for Documentation
  3. Week 03 (May 28 - June 3): Texturing
    1. Finish Texturing of All Assets - Substance Painter
    2. Third Pass Lighting in Unreal
    3. Collection for Documentation
  4. Week 04 (June 4 - June 10): Final Lighting and Final Rendering
    1. Final Lighting Pass with Effects
    2. Final Renders
    3. Collection for Documentation

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bridgehouse